Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cupcakes and Updates

A fall chill actually came to Florida today. So, I thought what better time to post then now!

It's been a crazy few months and blogging just didn't quite make it into the schedule. I've been making some changes to my blog (and life) to better suit my goals and interests. I eliminated some things and will be adding some things as I take on new and exciting adventures. I'm also going to make it a goal now to blog 2-3 times a week instead of every day like I was doing. I was a tad overwhelmed:)

As you can see the blog also got a facelift. What do you think? I thought it better suited my personality and gave a more general feel. But we shall see because I am often indecisive.

Speaking of indecisive, I gave the whole cupcake business a try and let me tell you, it was a CHALLENGE. With everything else going on in life I just didn't have time to worry about frosting colors at 11pm so, I took the business off the website:( I am still more than willing to bake for anyone and everyone but i'm going back to the hobby status instead of business. Who knows what life will bring me in the world of cupcakes but for now it's strictly pleasure. That being said, I made an Apple Pie Cupcake on Sunday and thought that would be a great way to share my love for fall and cupcakes as pleasure and not business. So, here we go friends..

Apple Pie Cupcake
Makes 12-18 cupcakes

Wet ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Dry ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup grated or finely chopped apples

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Cream butter and sugars
-Mix remaining wet ingredients
-Sift all dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients in 3 portions not to over load the batter
-Add milk with each dry ingredient portion
-Bake for 17-20 minutes

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
3-4 cups of confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Easy Peasy. I try to make it reader friendly so anyone can feel empowered to make a homemade treat. I hope you feel that way too. That being said, I promised a long time ago (April to be exact) a few posts so here is what's to come.
1. Napa Vally to do's
2. More fashion blogging for fall/winter wear
3. and a few more updates coming to the blog

Thanks so much for visiting. I'm excited for new things to come:)

Party Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment